This innovative and unique system allows the operator of the umbilical system in the spreading field to stop flow to the applicator completely by closing the gate valve on the spread for an unlimited period of time with no risk of bursts in the hose or a failure anywhere in the pipeline, provided the pipeline and couplings are in suitable working condition.
This is all done fully automatically by the umbilical pump, there is restricted return to the slurry tank which means that there is no risk of "hydraulic shock" on the pump impeller or gearbox which can cause fatal damage to the pump if a sudden pressure drop is experienced and will also cause the pump to lose its suction “prime”.
The pump performance and operation does not change in any way when the Headland Management system is activated - totally safe solution.
This system is totally self-powered from the hydraulics of the Doda HD pumps own oil gearbox cooling system which is totally unique and the only such self-powered system on the market.
The pressure system is totally automatic and requires no input from the operator once it has been set up on the job.
Pressure and parameter settings are fully and easily adjustable at the touch of a button from the control box in the cab to suit different types of slurry and also as the slurry characteristics change as the tank or lagoon is emptied with the pump.
This therefore means that headland turn now are no longer an issue with over dosing of slurry which can lead to crop damage and an unpleasant mess on the field headlands.
Another innovative feature of this system is an inbuilt function that protects against a major pollution incident. If a burst was to occur in the umbilical pipeline, the system will automatically stop slurry flow to the pipeline preventing a potential pollution incident occurring.
- Automatic closing off of slurry flow to the umbilical pipeline during headland turns without any input from the pump operator.
- Fully automated with manual override function
- Automatic “Burst Protection” system
- Requires only a 12v power socket in pumping tractor
- Includes SlurryKat’s flagship circulation system
- c/w double acting stainless steel knife gate valves controlling the slurry flow
- Low level SlurryKat swivel outlet finished with stainless steel SlurryKat coupling
- Q/R coupling on return pipework for fast access if required
- Includes SlurryKat Digi-Tech automatic touchscreen in-cab control box
- Self-powered hydraulics from the pumps own gearbox