This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Quality Engineer to join a leading agricultural machinery manufacturer and its state of the art facility and play a key role in maintaining the production of market leading equipment that continues to set the standard within the industry.
REPORTING TO: SENIOR MANAGEMENT
Based at our Head Office, 44 Lowtown Road, Waringstown, BT66 7SJ
The role will be primarily Monday to Friday, 0800-1700 Monday – Thursday, 0800-1400 Friday. Given the nature of the role you will have the flexibility to fulfil all aspects of the role which may result in working outside these core hours.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB
- Implementation of high quality standards and systems throughout the manufacturing process.
- Aid Senior Management in working towards and gaining ISO 9001.
- Complete Pre Delivery Inspection Reports
- Carryout regular internal audits of manufacturing processes.
- Take a lead role in developing lean processes and setting production methodology to raise quality standards and improve efficiency.
- Develop staff training procedures and where required provide training to production staff.
- Support day to day operations to ensure there is minimum impact to production as a result of quality related issues and attend regular meetings giving details of quality trends and actions.
- Work closely with other departments to develop new products and improve existing products.
- Engineering Degree or HNC/HND in engineering or be able to demonstrate 5yrs experience in a similar role in a steel fabrication manufacturing environment.
- Willingness to work on own initiative.
- Experience of CRM and MRP systems use.
- The ability to manage, develop and motivate teams.
- Experience of New Product Introduction.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, quality control and problem solving techniques utilized throughout the manufacturing industry.
- Computer literate.
Current C.V. detailing why you believe you are suitable and how you meet the relevant criteria.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org